as much as i kid about gregoire, i seriously love this old chimp. what a sweetheart. his favorite food is rice. he'll turn his back on watermelon or a banana for a rice ball any day of the week.
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
homage to gregoire
about a year ago, the Jane Goodall Institute decided to celebrate gregoire's longevity and threw him a party. there were a bunch of t-shirts etc with his picture and his story was celebrated. His real story is actually pretty sad. I'm probably getting it wrong here but I think he was kept in a terrible zoo in brazzaville for a long time where people would taunt him and children would make him dance and do stupid routines for his food. Apparently Jane Goodall found him there and the keepers referred to gregoire as their 'Nelson Mandela'. I guess that was the moment when Jane Goodall decided to save him and took him to Tchimpounga and established gregoire's garden where he lives now (see below). I probably screwed this up and will banned from future association with JGI but I'm pretty sure the story is something like that. Anyway....here is my personal homage to gregoire...tory and alex thought it was pretty funny:

as much as i kid about gregoire, i seriously love this old chimp. what a sweetheart. his favorite food is rice. he'll turn his back on watermelon or a banana for a rice ball any day of the week.
as much as i kid about gregoire, i seriously love this old chimp. what a sweetheart. his favorite food is rice. he'll turn his back on watermelon or a banana for a rice ball any day of the week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment