I wasn't sure what to post on first from tchimpounga but have decided to start with the little guys. Probably because for me, it is always amazing to show up and see how much the littlest ones have grown in a year. Take mambou. I took the pic on the left last july when he had just arrived and was struggling for life itself. He was really young on arrival and in tough shape. I took the image on the right a few days ago. He's happy, and healthy, but hasn't yet shed the extra baggage around the mouth. But its wonderful to see him running around on his own now, with friends, and turning into a healthy young chimpanzee.

How about this for a face?

or these for a set of chompers?

Sometimes there is a quiet moment in the nursery...

...but its rare.

Baby chimps should have shut-off valves, like the gas tanks on cars. unfortunately they don't. got milk?
No comments:
Post a Comment