

Second, I spend years trying to find a good test of ape 'hiding' behavior and hippo proves it in a single photograph:

Lastly, ombwe. I totally forgot to mention him somehow which is strange given that he was living with us for 2 weeks.

Ombwe showed up at the same time as another baby and the vet staff were short-handed during the nights. So, Kara and I typically took him between 4:30 and 9, fed him some sugar cane, a bottle of milk and put him down for the night.
When he showed up he didn't have a name so kara I and I were calling him homeboy, just kidding around. But then after spending some time with him Fanny (the vet) let us help choose his name. all of the bonobos are named after cities/towns in Congo so we began our search of the map. We were certain there were no Congolese cities called homeboy but did our best to find a close second. Miraculously, we came across Ombwe. To us he will always be homeboy.
he's a cutie.
No comments:
Post a Comment