Friday, July 3, 2009

The writing on the wall

I don't know why, but I'm compelled to dedicate a quick post to writing of all forms here in Congo. First off, safety. Here is the plan:


For those of you who don't speak Vili or Kikongo, this pretty much means that if the chimps get out you're supposed to tell me and tory so that we can hide.

Another fun thing about working at Tchimpounga is that the sanctuary is actually run by the Jane Goodall Institute. For some reason I've always enjoyed this old-school sign outside the office door.


Ok, and now for some of the stranger things that show up in writing in Congo. Here is the little naked baby that apparently protects our water:

And lastly my favorite, the most hardcore drink in town. This is the label. This stuff is only for the cool kids.

No comments: